Wednesday, November 17, 2021
10:00 – 11:30 AM (Recording available)
Via Zoom — RSVP for credentials (below)
About the event
While D.C. tracks high school graduation rates and postsecondary education six months after graduation, little information beyond that is available about what happens as students transition further into their educations and careers. These data are difficult to gather anywhere, and D.C.’s small footprint, transient population, and small public postsecondary system mean that former public school students often work somewhere else in the region or country, making it particularly challenging to gather information on early career outcomes. A more comprehensive view of the career outcomes of D.C. public school alumni would be beneficial to students and families as they make decisions about their education, policymakers as they analyze labor force trends, and education practitioners as they make changes to maximize success for D.C.’s youth.
Join the D.C. Policy Center’s Education Policy Initiative and CityWorks DC as we present “Measuring early career outcomes in D.C.” We’ll share the major findings of our report including the importance of early career tracking, best practices from around the region, and recommendations for D.C.’s public schools to measure early career outcomes. We’ll then host an expert panel to share their experiences collecting and utilizing data to improve outcomes.
Angela Franco, President and CEO of the DC Chamber of Commerce
Presentation of findings
Chelsea Coffin, Director, D.C. Policy Center Education Policy Initiative
- Erin Bibo, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, CityWorks DC (Moderator)
- Tevera Stith, Senior Director for National Alumni Impact, KIPP Foundation (Panelist)
- Ahnna Smith, Executive Director, DC WIC (Panelist)
- Angie Henneberger, Principal Investigator and Director of Research, Maryland Longitudinal Data System Center – MLDSC (Panelist)
- Rachel Pfeifer, Executive Director of College and Career Readiness, Baltimore City Public Schools (Panelist)
- Sarah Navarro, Senior Deputy Chief, Secondary Schools, DCPS (Panelist)
Moderated by Julie Rubin, Senior Education Analyst, D.C. Policy Center Education Policy Initiative
Please fill out the form below to register for the event. Registered attendees will receive Zoom login credentials via email prior to the event.
Don’t see the registration form above? Click here to load in a new window.
For questions about this event or assistance with your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.