The D.C. Policy Center’s Education Policy Initiative is releasing its State of D.C. Schools report in January 2020. The report is designed to be a resource that helps parents, policymakers, education stakeholders and other community members understand where D.C. has made progress and where the city’s schools need to improve.
You’re invited to join the D.C. Policy Center for the report launch on Thursday, January 16. You will receive an overview of the key findings from the report’s authors. Then, a panel of education stakeholders and researchers will discuss the report’s findings and implications, followed by an audience Q&A. Confirmed panelists include:
- Martin Austermuhle, reporter, WAMU (moderator)
- Denise Williams, Board Member, PAVE Ward 7 Parent Leader in Education (PLE)
- Jennifer Comey, Director of Planning, Data and Analysis, D.C. Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education
- Marci Young, President and COO, Flamboyan Foundation
- Patrick Corvington, Executive Director, DC School Reform Now/ConnectED
RSVP is free but required due to space limitations. Coffee and pastries provided.
Thursday, January 16, 2020 | 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
1805 7th Street NW (Closest Metro: Shaw/Howard)
Washington, DC 20001